Buteline fittings are integrally strong and durable, moulded from thermoplastic and pre-fitted with annealed aluminium sleeves.
These maintenance-free plumbing fittings fittings, once jointed with Buteline Polybutene-1 pipe, form a unique and technically superior joint. Users will find the total concept much quicker and more economical than other available systems.
Buteline also have several innovative polymer alternatives to traditional brass fittings available, unique fittings that serve the same purpose (with some improvements in the case of the Bute-1) but allow for peace of mind and a potential cost-saving of up to 45%!
Designed using hydraulic engineering concepts proven on high pressure hydraulic fitting-to-hose connections, Buteline fittings have an outstanding feature which enable them to overcome high stresses experienced in installation and while in service. The aluminium rings transfer all loads applied on the tail section to the strongest section of the fittings, thereby eliminating the risk of failure.
Buteline fittings are available in 4 sizes -- 10mm, 16mm, 22mm and 28mm.
Fittings are technically superior, giving superb performance and durability over the long term with over 50 years of service life.
Main Advantages of Buteline Fittings
- Lightweight, slim-line, one-piece design (no O rings or inserts), easy to use compared to bulky brass fittings
- Post-clamp flare provides visual indication of joint completion
- Able to provide metal-free contact with water supply, better hygiene, no leaching of harmful substances
- Corrosion resistant, no scale build-up
- Use is not geographically restricted by geothermal conditions or hard water regions
- Easier to install, no time-wasting with bulky tools, sliding sleeves, brazing, or searching around for lost copper rings!
Tests are carried out in accordance with relevant national and international requirements. Equivalent hoop stress pressures for up to 14.7MPa and forces of up to 13,100N are used in determining the strength and resistance to pull out of assembled joints. Test temperatures range between 20°C and 95 ± 1°C.
The Technically Superior Joint... Explained
- 8mm WIDE FORGED CLAMP
Minimum working stress applied (approx. 0.5 ton per sq. in.) allowing pipe material to "flow" into insert tail grooves.
- 2mm WIDE FLARE
No stress from clamping transmitted to insert tail or pipe at end of fitting. End of metal sleeve cannot impinge into pipe, even in bending.
- TAPERED ENTRY, SMOOTH BORE
Minimise resistance to water flow.
- METAL REINFORCING SLEEVE
Guarantees no stress break in this critical area.
- FULL LENGTH ALUMINIUM SUPPORT
Provides additional rigidity and resistance to pull-off. Seals against dirt and moisture.
- SEALING RIBS
Narrow lands with wide grooves, ensure clamp stress is transferred into the pipe joint efficiently.